Saturday, October 7, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8.9 kilometers (5.52 miles)
Time: 44:28 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, noon run
Location: Miraflores/Barranco, Lima, Peru

Comments: And the name of this train is the Nothing Special. Not a great effort but, by no means, a bad one.

I got busy this morning so I felt pressured to just get out and get it done after putting it back and putting it back. I didn't eat as well as I should have yesterday so I didn't believe I would have lots of reserves. But that worked out since I didn't want to push it with the long run tomorrown.

Started sloppy with a stitch but I got into a decent pace after a mile and a half or so. My lower left calf started hurting toward the end but, on the upside, my lower right quad had nary a murmur of protest.