Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 27:11
Pace: 6:48/mi

Comments: Well, yesterday gang aft agly. But in a nice way.

My sister came over with my niece and a few errands turned into a nice hunk of the day pleasantly spent. My intention was to run an easy four miles in the a.m. and maybe hit the track group in the p.m. But, obviously, that dinna happen.

But the extra day off didn't seem to bother me much. I went out intending to put in a good pace and maybe six miles. I cut it back mileage-wise and focused on getting a good pace. Which was better than I hoped and I felt pretty strong afterward as well.

I have also been concentrating on eating regularly too. Three good meals a day with mid-way snacks of substance. While I don't need to be fully carb-loaded for the 10k, i do want to get the rhythm of the week set for the real deal in January.

Conditions

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 40 degrees
Humidity: 42 percent
Wind: 6 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Brooks
Con Musica

Injury update: After two days rest there really wasn't any issue of note. I'll stretch well today and see if we can keep that situation through Sunday.