Thursday, November 9, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 44:45
Pace: 7:27/mi

Comments: A solid workmanlike effort. The plan was to make a dry-run of the race on Sunday; get a feel for what I need to do at each point of the thing.

Overall I think I am ready. I certainly have the endurance for the thing but my technique is... lacking. My run today leads me to believe I need to concentrate on pace - keeping it steady - for the first four miles and then get surgical with the mechanics of my stride for the last two miles.

I'm hopeful for putting in a sub-45 minute race but I'd really like to push myself to get that closer to 40 minutes if possible.

Conditions

Hour: 10 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 72 degrees
Humidity: 25 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Brooks
Con Musica

Injury update: Same as before. I'm icing the left foot to keep that ankle ache in check, though.