Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 63:09
Pace: 7:54/mi

Comments: A pretty good effort but I don't feel I was at my best today. Hard to tell if that is because I didn't eat really well yesterday or if I am battling fatigue.

Technically, the run went fine. I started out slow and warmed up to a comfortable pace which I held for most of the run. I could tell when I was getting fatigued and made it a point to focus on the mechanics of my stride to move through it.

But the run was kind of off-center. I wasn't really racing the clock but, since I realized a Boston qualifying time is realistic in January I have been focusing on the necessary pace in all my runs. This could be counter-productive.

In any case, it's a solid number of miles for a week I am trying to concentrate on distance.

Conditions

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 59 degrees
Humidity: 29 percent
Wind: 6 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Saucony
Con Musica

Injury update: Tightness in my left outside quads but that's about it.