Saturday, November 18, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 29:43
Pace: 7:25/mi

Comments: A shorter run but I didn't want to put any anything more with the long effort planned for tomorrow.

I wanted to put in six miles yesterday but I really felt out-of-sorts. In fact, I didn't feel so hot the day prior either. And when I got busy with stuff, I just decided to skip it. I won't have the big weekly miles I was shooting for but I want to be sure to get in the quality long run.

So I wasn't completely at ease going out this morning. (I also haven't been eating much and that's have a very noticeable effect on training.) But I got in the groove pretty well after the first mile and cranked it out pretty smoothly.

Conditions

Hour: 10 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 27 percent
Wind: 6 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Brooks
Con Musica

Injury update: I haven't had any specific problems but there is this kind of ... lassitude that has been pulling me down lately. And I have this 'thing' in the back of my throat that is not pleasant. Feels like a little splinter lodged in the tongue almost in the esophagus.