Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 60:05
Pace: 7:30/mi

Comments: I can't say I was in a great running mood given my recent adventures on the sidewalks of Chandler but i was determined to get this run in. The one good thing is that I actually felt like running today rather than the dragging-ass feeling that has plagued me of late.

I eschewed the warm-up like I have in most of my recent runs since I have not wanted to find any excuse to keep me from getting out the door once I have resolved to do it. I knew I wanted to keep this one at one hour so I tried ramping up to a decent pace pretty fast.

The temperature was somewhat warmer than normal and the wind kicked up at several spots. As usual, the dumbass Arizona drivers were constantly a problem. One almost hit me racing to get into the supermarket and then acted like it was my fault.

Sorry, idiot, I've got the right of way, you were going too fast and I actually assumed you would try and hit me. Just one more piece of proof thatthe bar to get a drivers license in this state is set about as low as could be humanly possible.

In any case, I felt pretty strong most of the run and finished with a pretty good kick. The biggest difference I can think of is that I have been trying to concentrate on eating a bit better lately. I hope that's the source of the tiredness problem cause that I can fix.




Conditions:
Hour: 9:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 65 degrees
Humidity: 34 percent
Wind: 4 mph 
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Saucony
Con Musica
Injury update: My left knee was stiff heading out and the sore spots on the outside of both achilles tendons were uncomfortable as well.