Saturday, November 25, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:21
Pace: 8:35/mi

Comments: I ran this one with my cousin Erin who is in town. A veteran of numerous marathons, she plans to do the half-marathon in January. It was nice to get her input on what I need to expect of both my training and the race to come.

Since we both plan to do a long run tomorrow this was a pretty basic effort. Once around the block, four miles, at a pretty leisurely pace. It was a bit quick for Erin since she hasn't been race training like I have.

(Additionally, this turned out to be one of the rare afternoon runs of my training.)

Between the busy-ness of the week and my wariness of pushing too hard, I didn't get in my planned run for Friday. After talking about training with Erin I'm a bit less anxious about the cutback in my mileage over the past month but, the fact is, the necessity to put in some serious mileage after this next race is now critical.



Conditions:
Hour: 4:30 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny 
Temperature: 72 degrees
Humidity: 31 percent
Wind: calm 
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Brooks
Sin Musica
Injury update: Tightness in my left quad but not a hard enough run to aggravate much else.