Thursday, December 21, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 64:26
Pace: 8:03/mi

Comments: Getting out the door was a real battle. I was post-long run sore all yesterday afternoon and wasn't moving around too quickly this a.m. either.

But, once on the road, I fell into a decent pace and rhythm. I consiously kept it slow and eased up with any sensation of tiredness. Despite that, my pace came in rather good.

My intention starting out this week was to alternate four milers with eight milers. With the extra rest day I simply combined two four milers today. Now I'm 'back on track' but getting through it ain't any easier a prospect.

Conditions

Hour: noon
Surface: concrete/asphalt/dirt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 50 degrees
Humidity: 40 percent
Wind: Calm
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Asics
Con Musica

Injury update: My left ankle above the achilles tendon felt sore for much of the last two miles. Outside of that, the big issue is overall muscle soreness throughout my legs and lower back.