Friday, December 22, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 72:57
Pace: 9:07/mi

Comments: Well, I knew the miles were taking their toll and today the piper came to be paid. I started out stiff and slow and things went downhill from there.

I had enough in the tank to do the run but the legs are just too banged up to go with any speed. I'm stepping gingerly and starting to develop some unpleasant sensations (see below). As a result, I'll prolly skip tomorrow's 4 miler and seriously consider postponing the long run on Sunday.

Conditions

Hour: 10:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt/dirt/grass
Weather: cloudy
Temperature: 43 degrees
Humidity: 50 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Brooks
Con Musica

Injury update: Very bad sign. My right calf above the achilles, which has been stiff and sore the last few runs, gave me an unpleasant twinge at about the halfway mark which persisted intermittently throughout the rest of the run. It got pretty unpleasant the last mile and a half - giving me a gen-u-wine stab o' pain at points. Getting off the concrete and onto the dirt or grass seemed to help, tho.