Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Training Run

Time: 30 min
Distance: 5.1 kilometers

Comments: A tough one to get started on. I got warmed up and stretched and then, when I started running for real, it was at a very slow pace. I wasn't sore or tired, just... slow.But running at the speed my body is telling me is the watchword of this training so I just kept with it. I warmed up over the course of the run and was at a very quick clip over the last five minutes or so. These slow-start runs are something I'm going to concentrate on in training over the next few months since that's going to be my race strategy. Slow as molasses on the first half - enjoy the trot over that big bridge - and then getting down to running on the second half.I think my sluggishness is part due to the new shoes, which sometimes can feel 'spongy' to run in until they get broke in good and proper as well as bad diet. Didn't eat well yesterday, but that will be rectified today with my favorite