Saturday, May 26, 2007

Training Run

Time: 45 min
Distance: 8 kilometers

Comments: The best intentions didn't come to fruition today but it turned into a good run nonetheless. An absolutely dour, misty and cold day. Miserable and perfect for running. Got out and down to the beach pretty quick this time and then got into the run. It actually felt pretty good going out and I decided to try and put in a full hour.After getting past the beachfront in Chorillos I turned around because I didn't want to take on the big hill that follows. Instead I set my sights on the guy who passed me a few minutes before going the other direction. He had a good half mile on me and a good pace himself so it took me quite a ways to reel him in. At that point, I realized I had been going at a pace in my race range, and decided to give in a