Thursday, May 24, 2007

Training Run

Time: 30 min
Distance: 5.5 kilometers

Comments: Got up and got busy with work today so it was a bit later than normal when I got on the road. Traffic had gotten pretty bad so my warm-up jog was broken up by waiting at intersections.The run itself was very solid. Didn't start off weak but didn't come breaking out of the blocks either. Kept it steady and, on the second half, gave it a bit more of a tempo than normal. While I am recording mileage I need to note that it's not that accurate. Last year I discovered my measurements were somewhat underestimated and, for right now, I'm doing a glorified guesstimation. So no pace numbers and no breakdowns - just gauging pace by the feel of my legs.
Conditions:
Hour: 10 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Warm-up:1 km run/stretching
Weather: cloudy
Temperature: 63 degrees
Humidity: 88 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Miraflores, Peru