Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Training Run

Time: 30 min
Distance: 5.5 kilometers

Comments: My first day of marathon training! Despite the auspicious occasion, my schedule kept the effort pretty low-key.Got out pretty early and stretched well. Over the two-day rest I didn't run or stretch (but did more walking than I intended). So the warm-up was kind of creaky.The run started unpleasant but smoothed out nicely by the ten-minute mark. I even got an up-tempo pace to finish it off, a nice coda to the effort. But the slow hills of the malencon were noticeable to my effort today. I clearly need more in the tank.
Conditions:

Hour: 7 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Warm-up:1 km run/stretching
Weather: cloudy
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 88 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Miraflores, Peru
Shoes: Asics
Con Musica

Injury update: The right hip was pretty sore today. Not happy