Sunday, June 17, 2007

Long Run

Time: 80 min
Distance: 14 kilometers

Comments: After two weeks off I figure I just might as well go out and get the big boy in and see how much pain it would cause me. Although I wasn't 'training' per se, I stayed pretty active over the last 14 days and did a ton of up and down work among various ruins. And the 10,000 feet plus above sea level probably didn't do any harm to my hemoglobin either.So, as a result, I felt conditioned but lacking a bit strength-wise. Whenever the run got iffy I just slowed the pace down a bit. Overall a good effort and a satisfying long run to my old route around to Playa La Herradura and a quick visit to La Bruja. Gonna get a big plate of chifa in me and crash this afternoon.



Conditions:

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Warm-up:none
Weather: fog/mist
Temperature: 58 degrees
Humidity: 94 percent
Wind: breezy