Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Training Run

Time: 30 min
Distance: 5.5 kilometers
Comments: A pretty good run. It wasn't as misty and miserable which made the outlook better, at least.The worries about the knee had me doing a pretty solid warm-up and stretch beforehand. If nothing else, I've tightened up considerably in my layoff.Started slow and, sure enough the outside of the right knee started feeling achy. It didn't get to the threshold of real pain though so I slowed my stride, focused on my form and ran with it. By the end of the run it had eased considerably (unlike Sunday when it kept growing in intensity).The run itself felt pretty good. I had the tank and the conditioning for the thing but it was sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. Dissociative running at it's ugliest. Yet, despite not being the prettiest thing to behold, it was a very satisfying effort.



Conditions:

Hour: 9:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Warm-up:none
Weather: overcast