Sunday, September 16, 2007

Training Run

Time: 60 minutes
Distance: 10 kilometers

Comments: My first run since landing in Australia. While the weather here has been freaking gorgeous, the metabolism has been less than ready for any stress at all. Thus I've been chomping at the bit in between bouts of feeling like crap. But I strapped the shoes on and got out the door this morning at long last. There is still a decent amount of crap rattling around my sinuses and that was not pleasant and, in case you were unaware, Sydney boasts a surplus of hills. I got down to the coast pretty easily and then followed the running track for the bulk of the run. The water here is a gorgeous blue - quite the contrast from the murky grey of Lima. Biggest obstacle? Remembering to stay to the left and not the right. I feel pretty good overall. The strength is clearly there but I gotta eat right this week to ensure the tank is full for the final effort.
Conditions:

Hour:
Surface:
Weather:
Temperature:
Humidity:
Wind:
Location: Sydney, Australia
Shoes: Brooks Trance VII
Con Musica

Injury update: Nothing, really.