Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Training Run

Time: 60 min
Distance: 10 kilometers

Comments: Well, given the miles I put in over the last two weeks I gave myself two days off following this weekend's long run. I didn't have the truck-hit-me feeling that has sometimes followed my big miles, though. So, this being my last Peru run for the year I got down to the beach and cranked out an hour run over to Playa Herraduras. I purposefully put in a slightly faster pace on this one and didn't have too much problems. I did feel a bit... unwilling at the start, I must admit. But got through it pretty well and had a nice clip going there at the end.
Conditions:

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/dirt
Warm-up: none
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 58 degrees
Humidity: 92 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Miraflores/Barranco/Chorrillos, Peru
Shoes: Brooks Trance
Con Musica