Sunday, September 2, 2007

Training Run

Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Distance: 34 kilometers

Comments: A long tough run but, to be honest, not nearly as bad as I had feared. But that certainly isn't to say it was easy. Given the long run last week and the sheer number of miles over the past two weeks, I was pretty apprehensive over if I was courting disaster with this run. But I started slow and did what I could to avoid hills and didn't listen to the voice in my head saying cut it short and take it easy.I certainly didn't set any pace records, that's for sure. I deliberately kept myself from looking at my watch until a certain point and was shocked to see I had almost gone the entire time I slated for the effort.I am going to cut back severely this week. Maybe even give myself two days rest after this.