Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fartlek Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 30:00

Comments: While I can't call this one a bad workout it certainly wasn't among my best. The intensity of the last week of runs has really taken it's toll and I could feel how sore I am every step of the warm-up run.

The workout was a full 20 minutes of running while alternating pace every 30 seconds - one at mile pace, one at marathon pace, lather, rinse, repeat.

I had my Garmin and wristwatch to juggle the data but, after a bit, I just kind of winged it. Mostly I was trying to hit the marathon pace and just hit a hard pace in between. I ended up not starting the Garmin anyway so I've no idea what the actual distance and pace really worked out to be.

In one sense this was pretty easy workout since it was pretty quick and not brutal in terms of exertion. So I didn't feel I really worked out to my maximum. But I don't know if that's because I'm tired or if I did the workout wrong.

Anyhow, energy levels seemed fine so at least that part was solid.

Conditions

Hour: 6:30 p.m.
Surface: track
Weather: clear
Temperature: 87 degrees
Humidity: 14 percent
Wind: none
Location: Corona del Sol High School, Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Nike Lunar Racers
Sin Musica

Injury update: Very achy. Left IT band, right ankle/achilles, right knee. Nothing critical pain-wise but nothing I want to allow to reach that point either.