Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 31:37

Comments: This one was very much recovery run in every sense of the term. My legs were pretty much shot after the effort on the track last night and I felt it every step of the way this morning.

I got onto the roman chair to start with - something else I've been neglecting of late. Five sets of three. Very basic. We'll see how that goes.

On the road I felt pretty good despite the expected weariness. While the temperature was warm, it clearly isn't as sweltering out there. And I could tell the difference on the run, without a doubt. At the end I did the whole thing and kept the average pace under the 8 min/mi mark like I wanted.

More importantly, there was none of the urge to stop and walk it in like in weeks past. Which could be the weather as much as anything else. We'll see how the goal pace run goes this week before declaring any kind of victory.

Conditions

Hour: 6:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 14 percent
Wind: 15 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Pearl iZUMi Surge+
Con Musica

Injury update: The quads are very tight and my right knee has been sore in a general way.