Friday, September 18, 2009

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:44

Comments: Talking with Dean yesterday I actually realized that I've not done any type of "easy" run in six weeks. Every other run that I've classified as such has been due to the fact I cut a goal pace run short (but still included goal pace miles).

The point of doing one today wasn't just to throw one in (this one was actually slated for Tuesday) but to get my ass out of bed feeling a bit fatigued. And, hopefully, to work out a bit of soreness from last night's hills.

Well, as a result, the pace wasn't stellar. Averaging right below the nine minute mark. And the effort wasn't inspiring either. This was a slog, make no mistake about it.

And, to liven things up a tad, my left calf - which had been noticeably tight last night, went into full cramp mode several times. Getting through before it decided to go on permanent strike was a delightful bit of anxiety.

Conditions

Hour: 6:50 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 73 degrees
Humidity: 50 percent
Wind: calm 
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Pearl iZUMi Surge+
Con Musica

Injury update: Tightness.