Thursday, July 31, 2014

Long Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 57:52
Pace: 9:38

Comments: Being off today I figured I'd try and get in a daylight run. That might not have been the best idea. With the front that pushed through last night it was downright sweltering. For any relief in temperature the rains brought, the humidity was far worse.

So, yeah, outside of the first two miles this was a bona fide slog. I slowed down by 15 seconds or more per mile after mile two. It has been awhile since I felt as flat miserable in a run. On the plus side, the ache in my hamstrings seems to have eased off somewhat. So running overslow might have been helpful on that front.

Conditions:
Hour: 9:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 75 degrees
Humidity: 94%
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: Nada.