Monday, July 28, 2014

Easy Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:22
Pace: 9:50 min/mi

Comments: After the unpleasantness of the conditioning workout on Friday I decided to make this week a recovery week. I had to work Sunday morning so skipping the long run and giving myself two days recovery worked better anyway. There are no conditioning workouts this week so I'll just try and get runs in on the new schedule and see how my legs respond.

The hamstring issue still has me concerned so I deliberately ran this one slow; just better than a jog, actually. I wanted to really monitor how my legs were doing and see if I need to start doing more preventative measures. Right now I'm hoping cutting back will get me back up to speed but we'll see.

Conditions:
Hour: 5:40 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 83 degrees
Humidity: 60 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: The right hamstring was still a little tight this morning but loosened up pretty quickly once I got started. The outside of my right hip was feeling a little sore at the end.