Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Easy Run

Distance: 4:00
Time: 36:36
Pace: 9:08 min/mi

Comments: I got a pretty good nights sleep for once and woke up feeling rested rather than bleary. Getting out the door wasn't too tough either. Still, I was determined not to get all excited and try and blow out a tempo workout and injure myself just when I'm feeling better.

So I kept a lid on the pace and tried to monitor how my legs were feeling throughout the run. Things went well and, despite the governor, I felt pretty strong this whole way. Given it was a bit cooler this morning, but I really had a sense of control over this run I haven't enjoyed except in spurts up till now. And it was reflected in the splits which were very regular once again -- the first a bit slower for the warm up and the last a bit quick for the finish.

Conditions:
Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 74 degrees
Humidity: 75%
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14
Injury update: Right hamstring was stiff starting out but warmed up quickly. Right hip the same but less intense.