Sunday, July 19, 2015

Easy Run

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 27:58
Pace: 9:18 min/mi

Comments: Every single thing about this run was not pleasant. It was overhot, overhumid and completely miserable. I started sweating before the end of the first quarter mile and was struggling by the end of the first mile and a half.

That became my halfway mark as I went to walking pace with two miles and about two thirds done. I got to the part were there was some shade and took care of the final third of a mile and walked the rest. Honestly, I was surprised I got three miles in.

Conditions:
Hour: 7:40 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 85 degrees
Humidity: 70 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: Had aches in my left hip and left knee at moments of the run.