Monday, July 20, 2015

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:28
Pace: 9:06 min/mi

Comments: I've been categorizing my runs under "fitness" in the Garmin interface for awhile now since it's clear I'm not training to do a race any time soon. My goal at the moment is getting better regularity with my runs, not competition. So my target is to try and get 18 miles a week with at least four runs.

This one went well enough. I got the four miles and, since the sun wasn't blazing down on me, it wasn't nearly as brutal as yesterday. The relatively quick pace was a nice surprise but, as I just mentioned, not the point of the effort.

Conditions:
Hour: 6:20 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 76 percent
Wind:
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada