Sunday, July 5, 2015

Recovery Run

Distance: 2.5 miles
Time: 22:26
Pace: 8:52 min/mi

Comments: Even though its been a few days and I ate and slept well yesterday, I just wasn't into this run. In terms of the conditions, it was a bit warmer and more humid than I've been accustomed to but not brutally unpleasant. Still, I just wasn't in the groove at all.

I decided on the Railroad Park route partially because I was curious how much the waters have gone down since the last time I went that way. Quite a bit, actually. At two-and-a-half miles I decided not to push it and walked it back, once again, helping a few stranded turtles caught in the road constructions.

Conditions:
Hour: 6:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 83 percent
Wind: 7 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: My left hip has been slightly sore for the last day or so.