Sunday, August 30, 2015

Fitness Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 58:28
Pace: 9:44 min/mi

Comments: That was an interesting effort. I started off with a slowish warm-up mile and then hit a very nice pace for the second. The run felt very good at this point and that proved to be the high point. It pretty much got tougher every step after that.

Which is to say the last mile was pretty brutal but for a nice chunk up to about the 4.5 mile mark, I felt reasonably good. Certainly not speedy but pretty solid given the heat and the humidity. And, as I need to keep reminding myself, the speed doesn't matter -- it's the amount of time out there.

Conditions
Hour: 6:40 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 72 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: A bit achy at the end including my right knee.