Monday, February 1, 2016

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 40:26
Pace: 10:05 min/mi

Comments: If ever there was a recovery run, this was it. This whole effort was on completely exhausted legs and my pace shows it. Getting started was brutal but I kinda found a pace after I warmed up a bit. That didn't last long. The last mile and a half was on rubbery legs.

None of this is really much of a surprise. I knew the long run would be rough on me and it was. The hope is to use this pull-back week to recover some. If all goes well, I should be in good enough shape to actually run the race at the end of the month rather than just hold on and survive it.

Conditions
Hour: 5:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 45 degrees
Humidity: 68 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: Everything hurts.