Thursday, February 4, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:13
Pace: 8:32 min/mi

Comments: It was a bit chillier yesterday afternoon than I expected so I decided to pass on the run. I justified it by telling myself two days off after the hard long run made sense and I would do back to back runs to finish the week.

Which seemed great until this morning when I pulled a muscle in my back right after getting out of bed. A morning run was out and I was pretty miserable most of the day, making an afternoon run seem unlikely.

But it felt good enough at 5 p.m. to at least make the effort and it turns out I did fine. The first mile was the usual unpleasantness but I warmed up and it was a strong effort after that. Except for the back I felt good enough to take a stab at an 8 min/mi pace for the last mile. Maybe next week.


Conditions
Hour: 5:15 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 52 degrees
Humidity: 40 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: The muscle in my lower back was a background ache the whole way.