Sunday, January 31, 2016

Long Run

Distance: 12 miles
Time: 2:04:31
Pace: 10:23 min/mi

Comments: I have to admit, I was as anxious about this run as I usually am for a race. That same mix of excitement and dread since I really had no idea if I would be able to do this one. The ten miler last week was very difficult and I haven't put in more than distance in almost two years.

And, yep, this one was a bear from start to finish.

I started off overslow knowing I'd need a lot in the tank at the end. That turned out to be the right move since only one of my splits dipped under the 10 minute mark. The goal today was distance and the extra time out probably helped. On raceday I expect to be on the course in the two hour range.


Conditions
Hour: 6:40 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 55 degrees
Humidity: 78 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: Lotsa little aches.