Saturday, June 4, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:43
Pace: 9:40 min/mi

Comments: In the sense I got myself motivated enough to get out the door and complete four miles, this run was a success. In ever other sense it was a disaster. I've had more enjoyable runs while suffering through a bourbon hangover.

It was humid as hell and just enough rain to be annoying but not enough to skip the workout. I knew I was strong enough to get this whole effort done but crap conditioning made it awful. Every mile was slower than the one before and how I kept the last one under ten minutes is a real mystery.

I'm going to try and get another run in tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be as terrrible.

Conditions

Hour: 8 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: rain/overcast
Temperature: 72 degrees
Humidity: 96 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada