Saturday, January 13, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 40:06
Pace: 10:00 min/mi

Comments: It got cold the past two days and the forecast calls for more of the same next week. So I have tried to plan my runs at the times where it is at least reasonably warm but that's a relative term.

So, while I avoided the most frigid temperatures today, the 40 degree start was not pleasant. The good news is that between the sun and the exertion, I was warm enough by about two-thirds of a mile in.

Overall, my pace has been dropping each and every run although I don't really feel a lot faster. I did make an effort today to finish the last half mile strong. It felt pretty good to open it up a bit.

Conditions

Hour: 12:30 p.m
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 40 degrees
Humidity: 44 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Flux 4

Injury update: nada