Monday, April 2, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time:36:19
Pace: 9:04 min/mi

Comments: Busy with a ton of kitchen projects today and didn't know if I would be able to get out the door for the run. Turns out I was able to make an escape in the late afternoon, which worked because it was decidedly chilly today.

No big plan for the run today other than the mileage. I was feeling pretty sluggish getting started but warmed up pretty good. Since the temperature was as good as I'm likely to see until October, at the halfway point I decided to try and get negative splits and upped things a bit. On the last mile I really tried to push the pace to ideal race conditions. Overall the effort felt pretty good.

Conditions

Hour: 4:20 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 54 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada