Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:25
Pace: 9:21 min/mi

Comments: The plan this week is to up the mileage in preparation of the upcoming half. I've done pretty good keeping the pace down so I'd like to work on distance a bit.

I didn't really intend to do this run any faster than, say, 10 min/mi pace, but I really hit a nice groove and just kept with it. I wasn't really pushing it (except on the steep uphills) just trying to maintain regular breathing.

And it seems there is a waiver for the Dallas leash law in this neighborhood during school hours or something. Got chased by no less than three on this run while their owners stood by and watched. Might have to start carrying pepper spray like I did in Peru.

Conditions

Hour: 10:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 59 degrees
Humidity: 30 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: Tightness in left IT band.