Thursday, March 8, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:17
Pace: 9:34 min/mi

Comments: My original plan for this week was to put in two regular runs back-to-back and get a total of three in. But, with the prospect of a 15 miler this weekend, that sounds like a bit too much too soon. So I defaulted to my regular routine of one run every other day.

Today was a pretty satisfying effort. I didn't look at the watch at all; just ran it by feel. As a result, the splits were a little all over the place but I seem to be gravitating to that 9:30 min/mi baseline. I'd like to get that lower sooner rather than later but the mileage takes precedence for now.

Conditions

Hour: 9:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 50 degrees
Humidity: 47 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada