Monday, April 23, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:04
Pace: 9:46 min/mi

Comments: Since I did a pretty grueling long run yesterday and have another regular run slated for tomorrow, the plan was to keep this a recovery run. And, for the most part, I did that. The goal was sub 10 minute mile average pace but I cleared that with ease.

Still, it didn't really feel easy. I was sluggish getting started and never totally shook it. Which seemed a little weird when I finally checked my watch and I was hitting my target pace. Again, the headwind on the first half sucked completely but gave me a slight boost on the final two miles.

Conditions

Hour: 1:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 62 percent
Wind: 10-20 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: Knee didn't give me any issues.