Sunday, April 22, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:38:04
Pace: 9:48 min/mi

Comments: I have had my fill of these windy long runs. I was blasted by 20+ mph gusts the whole first half of this run. It was unpleasant to the extreme. As much as it helps on the back half of the effort, I'd really prefer just not battling it at all.

So with the wind and general fatigue, the first part of this one was not very fun. I warmed up pretty quick but couldn't really tell how well I was doing because of the headwind. But, after the turnaround, I was able to slip into a good steady pace and chip away at the time I lost.

I finished under 100 minutes again and had a very strong final three miles.

Conditions

Hour: 10:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 55 degrees
Humidity: 73 percent
Wind: 20-30 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: Ache on the right knee again with moments of sharpness on the final mile.