Thursday, May 24, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:10
Pace: 9:32 min/mi

Comments: Not gonna lie, this one was brutal. I didn't get out there until it was pretty warm partly by design. Temperatures are gonna get pretty uncomfortable this weekend. I want to be 100% acclimated before that happens. At which time I'll retreat back to early morning runs.

The first two miles were a challenge and, since I didn't eat yesterday, my energy levels were pretty low. I felt positive at the turnaround but things got progressively harder from there. The final mile turned into a practice bout with fatigue. Always a delightful adventure.

But, I got the four miles in.

Conditions

Hour: 11:00 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather:partly cloudy
Temperature: 82 degrees
Humidity: 75 percent
Wind: 10 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada