Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Interval Run

Distance: 4 mi
Time: 34:27
Pace: 8:36 min/mi

Comments: I have been toying around with actually putting together a training plan for attempting a marathon. I don't want to attempt anything really technical but a formalized guide to improve speed and stamina while ramping up the distance is gonna be a requirement.

I'm prolly gonna keep tinkering with the idea but, for now, I've decided to start implementing "hard" workouts during the week. Specifically, intervals and hills. First up, the former.

It was raining softly and mist most of this run but that's fine for speed work. I did a reasonably relaxed warmup mile then went after the intervals. I broke each half-mile up with a one minute rest in between. The end was a one mile cool-down

WU 1 mi 10:07
1 .5 mi 3:31
2 .5 mi 3:35
3 .5 mi 3:33
4 .5 mi 3:29
CD 1 mi 10:07

Overall, not too bad an effort. I was pretty consistent in the splits and pushed pretty hard but not all-out. The times seem reasonable for now but I'll do some more research on what I need to aim for in the future.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: mist/rain
Temperature: 75 degrees
Humidity: 95 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada