Thursday, June 21, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:55
Pace: 9:13 min/mi

Comments: I sat down yesterday and wrote out a 16-week marathon training plan. To be ready for a race in mid-October, I need to start on it in July. So this tail end of June will be trying out the various elements of the plan to see how I handle them. I already did an interval workout this week so pace runs, hills and tempo should show up soon.

Today, though, was a normal training run. This will need to be somewhere between a slow recovery run and the race pace runs. At the moment, I'm shooting for 9:30 pace which I comfortably handled today. I have a 10K on July 4 that should give me a more specific number to guage these workouts.

The run went well except for having to get up for it.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 76 degrees
Humidity: 92 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada