Friday, June 22, 2018

Pace Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:49
Pace: 8:41 min/mi

Comments: Again had a tough time getting up and going. The plan was for a "race pace" which is a goal marathon pace. I really won't be able to dial in on that exactly until after the 10K but, for now, I'm wanting 30 seconds faster than my regular pace.

I started out slow but warmed up pretty quickly and got into the rhythm well enough. Felt a bit drained most of the run but never enough to impact my control of the run or effort to maintain pace. I did have to keep an eye on the GPS to keep from going over fast.

Got the goal pace and felt pretty good afterward. The real test is turning around and tackling the long run tomorrow.

Conditions

Hour: 6:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada