Monday, June 18, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:52
Pace: 9:12 min/mi

Comments: I didn't feel too bad after the long run this weekend. Minimal soreness and no specific aches. Still, I wasn't sure about my energy levels after such a strenuous effort. And I probably didn't eat as well as I should have on Sunday.

Anyhow, it was very warm and excessively humid this morning. The run, unsurprisingly, turned into something of a slog. My pace -- average and by splits -- was decent when considering the situation but a bit of a step backwards overall. I had to work a lot harder for an average run than I really should need to at this point.

Conditions

Hour: 6:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: overcast/mist
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 89 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada