Monday, June 4, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:47
Pace: 8:41 min/mi

Comments: The long run beat the hell out of me and I was pretty much toast the rest of the day. Surprisingly, I felt pretty good yesterday and this morning. I was slightly stiff getting started (the new burpee effort may have helped there) but that was about it.

The performance today also attested to that. Each mile was faster than the first, by about 15 seconds or so. Overall it was the fastest average pace for a four-mile workout since March -- and only two seconds off that. Which surprised me because I wasn't really striving to push the pace, just keep it steady.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 76 degrees
Humidity: 63 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada