Friday, June 8, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:24
Pace: 9:35 min/mi

Comments: After the speed workout yesterday, easing up a bit and settling for a recovery run seemed like the best idea. Getting up this morning, it was clear that was the only option. I always forget how much speed efforts whip my ass. They always remind me.

That said, I didn't have any real problems with this one. Started fine, made myself slow down when I caught myself increasing the pace. The splits and overall pace came out a lot faster than I expected when all was said and done. My heart rate was ridiculously low as well. Time to recuperate and prepare for the long run Sunday.

Conditions

Hour: 6:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 74 degrees
Humidity: 77 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada