Saturday, June 2, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:38:28
Pace: 9:50 min/mi

Comments: The forecast today is for record-breaking heat. Which I tried to avoid the worst of by keeping to the early start. This avoided the worst of the day's onslaught but it wasn't pleasant either.

The first half of the effort went extraordinarily well. I knocked out five miles in good order and felt pretty strong doing it. I probably should have dialed it back a bit because the uphill sections on the west side of the lake whipped my ass.

I stumbled through miles seven through nine and tried to regroup a little for the last section. In the end, I kept under my 100 minute goal but it was not fun at all.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 81 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: Slight ache in the right knee.