Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:16
Pace: 8:33 min/mi

Comments: The last few days have been rough. I don't know what hit me this weekend but I've felt pretty awful since Sunday. After sleeping 10 hours on Saturday, I put in 11 on Monday -- feeling awful the next day in both cases.

This morning I finally woke up feeling rested rather than absolutely drag ass. The run went much better than Monday's as well. Hopefully, I've turned the corner on whatever it was.

I wasn't really trying to push things today. Rather, I just wanted to ride it out at whatever my legs felt up to. Surprisingly, that meant a pretty nice clip. The slowest mile was the first and that was well under 9 min/mi. It's encouraging but we'll see if this kind of effort is sustainable going forward.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 76 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada