Saturday, June 16, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:39:09
Pace: 9:55 min/mi

Comments: After skipping last week's planned long run due to the mystery illness, I was pretty determined to get it done this weekend. I gave myself the option of skipping it this morning and going with Sunday depending on how I felt. Turned out, I woke up a little early but about as ready as I could hope.

The weather was about the same as what I have been contending with the last few weeks. I clearly went way too fast in the early miles my last long run so I didn't want to repeat that. The goal was keep to the 10 min/mi pace and push the last portion of the run if there was anything left in the tank.

There really wasn't that much left in the tank. It wasn't as brutal as last time but the back half was a challenge and the last two miles were a legitimate grind. Still, I kept it under the main goal time of 100 minutes so that's not too bad.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 78 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: Stiffness in my right knee at the start.