Monday, June 11, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:04
Pace: 9:45 min/mi

Comments: I should have expected this. I had that extraordinarily strong run of workouts last week and was ready to build on it and then... splat. I couldn't get up Sunday to run; ended up sleeping 10+ hours and then was a zombie all day.

I had a tough time getting up today and felt like I was starting over completely when I got started with the run. I dialed back the goal to just holding the pace under 10 min/mi and was able to meet that mark.

The heat and humidity have something to do with it but I think I need to be a lot better with refueling when I make hard efforts.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 79 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind: 10 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada