Thursday, June 14, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:32
Pace: 8:37 min/mi

Comments: The run went great yesterday but the rest of the day was pretty awful. I hoped to get a decent nights sleep and take a stab at another reasonable effort. In that sense, I have at least accomplished something today.

I didn't set a target time or pace again, just got started and tried to keep a steady but not exhausting effort. The first mile was a prototypical warm up and the next two were a pretty solid 8:30-ish pace that I seem to be a lot more comfortable with.

I made an attempt to pick up things a little on the last mile but my final time/pace doesn't really reflect it. And, once again, my heart rate over the workout is much more consistent. Hopefully that translates into a better long run performance down the line.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 66 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada